One of the main differences between the amateur and professional cook is the repetoire of tips and tricks that the professional chef can pull out of the sleeve. Here, I've tried to gather some personal experiences and some recommendations I've gotten from the pros.
- Tools you need - but maybe didn't think you really needed.
- Top 5 most underrated kitchen utensils - tools in your drawers that you could use more often.
Processing the raw materials
- Non-bitter garlic - preparing the raw garlic for use.
- Dissolving salt in oil - not so easy as it seems.
- Water - the perfect non-stick fluid.
Getting the raw materials
- Chinese vegtables and fruits - a health hazard in my opinion.
Preparing the food
- Timing and order of preparation - cooking involves a great deal of timing.